POSITION TITLE: Primary Care Clinic Nurse Manager
LOCATION: Avera St. Luke's, Aberdeen, SD
Apply online at www.averajobs.org
SUMMARY: The Primary Care Clinics Clinic Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of assigned Clinics. Responsible for coordinating a level of communication between nursing staff, physicians, administrative staff and all other clinic departments to create a positive outcome for clinic employees and patients. Serves as a member of the Clinic Leadership Team. Works closely with the Primary Care Clinics Clinic Director to insure communications are maintained and that strategic initiatives are being addressed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manages, supervises, and coordinates day-to-day operations in each of the assigned clinics, with duties to include: financial management, maintenance of the operating budget, expense management, staffing, and scheduling. Duties are performed in such a manner as to insure the clinic operates in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
• Collects data, prepares reports, analyzes statistics, and answers correspondence. Identifies and reviews operational problems and resolves the issue or brings to the attention of the Clinic Director.
• Serves as a member of the Clinic Leadership Team. Develops and manages programs/projects that have “multiple clinic-wide” implications.
• Assists the Clinic Director with the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of budgets and business plans.
• Recommends clinic facility improvements including construction, renovation, and purchase of equipment.
• Develops and reviews clinical operating policies and procedures in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and the requirement of outside regulatory agencies.
• Ensures that the assigned clinics operate in support of the mission, values and philosophies of the organization.
• Shares information and facilitates the development of communication systems for staff, providers, and administration.
• Ensures clinic compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies. Initiates changes as appropriate. Serves as the liaison for all clinic inspections impacting clinical areas with the assigned facilities.
• Fosters change by creating a work environment that is open and where appropriate, risk-taking is encouraged.
• Ensures that open, professional communication is maintained with providers on a daily basis. Involves providers on issues that affect the clinic as appropriate.
• Coordinates with the Clinic Director on monitoring medical activities to ensure cost-effective and high quality care for patients.
• Meets periodically with Clinic Director to review reports and ensure proper flow of information.
• Coordinates provider schedules to insure that an appropriate mix and level of providers is available to operate the clinic in a cost-effective manner.
• Responsible for recruitment, orientation, training and the evaluation of assigned employees working within the clinic.
• Coordinates with the Clinic Director in addressing issues regarding selection, compensation, corrective action, and grievances.
• Administers staffing plan that will allow the clinic to operate in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
• Administers clinic Human Resource policies and procedures.
• Oversees standards of quality, productivity and performance. Provides ongoing feedback to staff regarding status of these goals and provides direction in resolving variances.
• Encourages both personal and professional development.
• Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional clinic atmosphere.
• Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current in the latest healthcare trends and developments. Attends such meetings as may be necessary to maintain operational knowledge of the organization.
• Performs duties in an efficient and cost-effective manner while maintaining “patient-focused care.”
• Will oversee the carrying out and completion of staff competencies and mandatory education modules.
• May be called upon to work as a “fill-in” or temporary employee in each of the assigned clinics as situations dictate.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises employees in the Assigned Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: management of the department’s operating budget, compliance, quality assurance, provider and staff relations, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required or currently working towards a bachelor’s degree. Current Nursing license required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years in management/supervisory role. Healthcare background preferred.
POSITION TITLE: Clinic Manager
LOCATION: Freeman, SD
SUMMARY: Responsible for all aspects of clinic operations to include: planning, organizing and directing all assigned functions; formulating goals and objectives; establishing standards; and developing physician/management relations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, developing, training, and retaining employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or 3 to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Healthcare or Clinic Management experience preferred.
Interested candidates should send their resume to the attention of:
Dan Gran, CEO
Freeman Regional Health Services
PO Box 370
Freeman, SD 57029